Monday, February 25, 2019

Importance of Language

Every mean solar day and every hour we hear words, earn and phrases these are the centre of communication between me and a nonher soul. If we both come up to the same language we can connect on another level, versus soul who says a comp permitely different language than me. side of meat, my primary language, has been part of me since the day I was born, but another language, Vietnamese, has been part of my granddads demeanor since the day he was born. It is fascinating to operate my grandpa going through and through the drive-thru at a fast-food restaurant.When I was a kid, my grandpa used to number me to Arbys all the time. He would appropriate me in his beaten up green truck, and we would roll down the street to Arbys. Every time, he would stupefy the roast beef sandwich and I would get the curly fries. creation those were good. We would go through the drive-thru and when the soul on the intercom asked my grandpa what he wanted, my grandpa would tell him roo-bee-san -with and ca-ree-fry. For some odd reason, it seemed that there was ever a different person working every time we went, because the person on the intercom would never recognize old gramps English, even though we came there about a billion times.Eventually though, they would understand what my gramps was difficult to say and we would have our delicious warm food. Time went past, and the world didnt seem to change. Me being a grown adult and all, it was my turn to take my grandpa to Arbys, but stubborn old gramps wouldnt let me. I guess it has something to do with the Vietnamese culture, the younger person was always lower than his or her elder. Anyway, he would drive me down the street to Arbys and same ole, same ole, he would take me through the drive-thru and say roo-bee-san-with and ca-ree-fry, and again, the person wouldnt be able to understand him, but eventually they would, and me and my grandpa would have our scrumptious food.The funny thing is, another Vietnamese person cou ld easily have a conversation with my grandpa in full-out English and they would understand each other completely. Which I still dont get. Perhaps you have to be Vietnamese to understand Vietnamese accents, and British to understand British accents. Even though me and mygrandpa can speak English, its as though we speak entirely different languages. For example, I can easily tell if someones from Kentucky versus someone from the Bronx.English is the means of communication, but we communicate in different ways. Someone from Kentucky might peal a sprite, a soda, someone from the Bronx, might call it pop. Accents are what dissever me and my grandpa. To me, dialect defines where we came from, who we hang around and what languages we can speak. Where is exactly is he or she from? Anyone may answer this question for themselves, the only thing I contract to be obvious is their accent. Language serves the role of exchanging ideas through communication in a way for other people to understa nd it. Language helps secern personal identities through certain words or accents to reveal where a person is from, like New York, China, or Kentucky.Through one language, we can see the blend of diverting cultures. To me, that is one of the most important things of language. The means of not only spoken communication but communication on a deeper level, where words cannot express. Through this importance of language, I can connect with someone on a deeper level through their culture. Like listening to a hip-hop song, I can almost feel the intensity of how that rapper grew up in the projects dodging bullets from gang members. In the end, language is what brings us humans together, and also separates us as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment